2.08.2010

My town

Taking cue from MckMama, I thought I'd introduce y'all to my town.

No pictures are included yet... be patient!


My town has less than 40,000 residents. It's right next door to Huntsville. Almost everyone in the town is an engineer (no joke... okay, slight exaggeration) since we're located near the second largest Research Park, Redstone Arsenal, and NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. Yeah... we're kind of a smart town. If only Huntsville City's School System had these smart people. I digress!

Yes, Madison is a small town. I love the downtown area even though there's nothing to do. We have two Publixes, a second Wal-Mart is due to be built in 2011, and we have a Chick-fil-a... oh and, we have a STARBUCKS. Heck yes, that does put us on the map, thank you.


But our town is bursting at the seams... there's one very overcrowded high school, two middle schools, and a few elementary schools. In fact, a couple of the schools are named after a shuttle (Columbia, Discovery) and there's even more in the area like this. The school where I'm doing my field experience is Endeavor... nice, huh? I think we had some brainiacs on the school boards. Again, I digress.

Needless to say, Madison is growing quite a bit. I expect a Super Target to be built in the city limits in the next few years at the most. Another high school is to be built by the 2011-12 school year. And maybe we'll even see a 2nd Starbucks!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Sounds like a fun place!!! I can't wait to see the pics ;)