3.12.2010

Stressed, yes. Worth it, yes.

I'm officially a Space Camp graduate. I also think I'm the youngest one in the group.

My group is great. We've already gone from 14 to 13 people... the training is hardcore and there's never a 100% pass rate. Talk about added pressure.

I am so glad to be working in a positive but nonetheless exhausting new working environment. I stress exhausting by the way because that's what I am. Our trainer is awesome. I know that I'll be able to handle these crazy shifts but man am I tired.

We're getting a Star Wars exhibit in June to the museum which is definitely neat but it's not free to the staff of the museum (bummer.) It will also get in the way of teaching to the little chilluns about Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and the STS program (I'm already speaking the lingo!) but I love a good challenge like that. I won't lie, I'm a little on the stressed side. I'm basically taking a semester-long course on the Space Program in what lasts less than three weeks.  Our group has already talked about having study sessions, teaching in the museum at midnight (no joke), and pulling each other along for the ride. Easy? No. Teamwork? Yes. Some people don't want to do it, but I sure want to keep this job, as do others in the group, so we're going for it.

The best part is that I've developed a love for rock climbing, even with my massive bruise from the wall on my arm. What's even better is that we found out we can climb it when we're not on the clock whenever we want. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Faith said...

Awww, I'm glad you're having so much fun! Remind me next time I see you to tell you what happened last time I went rock climbing at the Space and Rocket Center. Haha!