11.09.2008

Not so bubbly anymore

So I was just looking at my page and realized... when was the last time I was "bubbly"? It's been a while.

I'm feeling the challenges of life, as you all have read. I talked to my mom finally over lunch and it looks like things could go even more south. My parent's first court date is January 12th, 2009- 10 days before Hannah's birthday.

I'm doing ok as a person though. My counselor told me a few sessions ago she wanted me to start reading Genesis, starting at Abraham's life and going from there. She wants me to see that I cannot control everything that happens, and that God is in control. He might be doing some rough things to prove His point, but in the end, it will all work out.

That's hard for me. But crazily, the more I read about Abraham's stuggles, the more that I feel at peace. When my life's feeling pretty dumpy, I just read about Abraham- the man had it ten times worse. I don't remember the last time I turned to God for wisdom, strength, reality, patience, and so on.

My struggle at church though- my sunday school class. There are two children that really test me. It's so hard, because while they are only 4, they know what they are doing is wrong. One thinks they're better than the others, shouting "I'm done first!" or not obeying. The other one has quite the smart mouth and is so disrespectful I want to just ask their parents, "do you not discipline this child?" It's a test of my patience and I often have to just turn my back before I say something.

Maybe I can go drown my thoughts in some biology or history. Knowing me, I'll end up reading Anne of Green Gables or just get on Facebook.

No comments: