12.13.2008

Facebook Official

I'm one of those Facebook junkies. If I have a day off from work, I can almost guarantee I'm on Facebook for 2 hours or more. It's true for almost everyone else I know. So, it's no surprise these days when people call relationships or gossip "Facebook official." Our associate pastor at WPC finally got a Facebook last night, so of course, he and Susan are official married on Facebook. There's many jokes on his page about it, like "it's about time y'all got married after having 4 kids."
Any relationship isn't official until it's on Facebook. I remember the night when McFormer asked me if I just wanted to be an actual couple, not just two people dating; I, of course, thought he was joking for two hours (really, I did) but when we made it Facebook official, it sunk in. What else... oh, drama can really start when someone's relationship status pops up on your home page. Somehow, when McFormer and I ended our relationship officially- it didn't pop up on anyone's homepage. But the minute I listed myself as single a week later, woah baby... comments on it flew. A lot of "what happened?" and "why?" showed up as posts, but I was ok. I thought it was odd, but oh well.
I love Facebook, I truly do. I've had my account for 2 years as of next month. Crazy, huh? And people I've known for 2 years are just joining... weird.

In other news...

I've been so lazy today. Not too lazy, I've actually done stuff, but I feel lazy because I had today off at both jobs :) I like it though, I miss free Saturdays. If I didn't spend every penny I had yesterday Christmas shopping, I would go out tonight, but oh well.
I still can't wait for Atlanta. The more I read about "Midtown" the more excited I get. But apparently our hotel is popular with those living an alternative lifestyle. LOL, the first thing I thought was, "oh my... people are going to think Jessica and I are lesbians." Second was, "how am I gonna get Jessica through the lobby without her staring?" I love that girl, she makes me laugh so hard. I guess living in the North accustomed me to seeing gay couples; although, seeing the transsexual knitting club at Barnes and Noble Monday night was an experience. No joke, I could not stop listening to what they talked about. What was REALLY gross was when a man woman pulled out the goodies in their Victoria's Secret bag. Jessica's and my eyes got HUGE; I was waiting on them to kill us. So flipping gross. No experience in Boston ever prepared me for that. I shiver thinking about it. Ick ick ick.

But Midtown Atlanta looks like so much fun! I can't wait. I have a feeling I won't want to leave it. I was a little intimidated when I read the reviews of the hotel after I made the reservations (dumb me) but I think it's all about who writes it. I mean, that's just me. But it looks so much fun, there's a subway, so I won't have to drive. So much shopping to do, outfit planning to do. I keep forgetting about Christmas with this trip coming. I'm bad.

1 comment:

Faith said...

If you're in the mood for Mexican when you're in ATL, you should eat at Maui Tacos! It sounds like an oxymoron, but the food is incredible :)