1.19.2009

Not Me! Monday

Surely, y'all know me well enough now to know that I am amazing at remembering it's Monday and didn't have to be reminded by MckMama that it was Not Me! Monday. It's not like I was sitting around watching "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers and Sisters" off my DVR or anything!

So I started school this week. Instead of doing the dance of "yay I have something worthwhile to do that will get me somewhere and not reading blogs left and right" I moped and scowled. Yes, that's right, I surprisingly was not happy school was up & at it again. Nor did I look at some of my crazy teachers and ask in my head "what the he-- is wrong with you?!" Yes, they're weird, specifically my Music Appreciation teacher, but that's completely ok with me. I surprisingly am not accepting math's challenge and am currently not refusing to let it kick me in the butt. Nope, not me.

I did not realize that I am indeed growing up when I went shopping with some girlfriends and resisted swiping the plastic. While I did find bargains, I totally did not resist that side of me and walk away. It sure does stink when you know that you need to save and not spend. Icky!

Oh, and while I'm at it, I didn't blame all life's problems on our soon to be new President this week. I sure didn't make comments like, oh it's just Obama's fault, no big deal. Because that wouldn't be the Christ-like thing to do. Respect your authority (I add my clause of unless they're complete idiots and are the next God) everyone!

I hope you all have a great, fantastic monday! Enjoy this day off! Ugh, I just remembered our country's going down hill tomorrow... lovely.

No comments: