6.28.2009

Quite the Reference

Michael Jackson MckMama.

That's how someone in the cyber world found me last week. I looked at my tracker and that was the only funny reference I found (the rest were from Blogger's homepage... how boring.) Since Hannah keeps track of this funny stuff, my curiosity was piqued and I had to take a look at mine.

_______________________________________________

I have another book to add to my list. Mom handed me Steve Harvey's book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man. I glanced at some parts last night and started dying laughing at this one section. Allow me to share:

You: "I just walked into work today and before I could get to my desk, I saw Tanya walking over the the coffee machine and wouldn't you know that heiffa had on the same shirt as me?"

B.F.F: "You better stop it. Which one?"

You: "The blue one- you know, the one with the orange flower print? I got it from that store across town? On sale?"

B.F.F: "you mean the one you found on the $29.99 rack in the back? The same day I found those shoes at the store just down the street?"

You: "That's the one! ... Next thing I know, she ran to the store and bought my shirt and is wearing it to work!"

B.F.F: "Aw, hell to the nah! Are you serious? That's horrible... she got some nerve." (50)*

I read this and started cracking up. I could just see it in my head... doesn't that sound like us though, ladies? Sure we might not be that dramatic, but that's the general gyst of it. See, Harvey was comparing what our girlfriends might say to what our men would say. Here's the man's reaction:


You: "I just walked into work today and before I could get to my desk, I saw Tanya walking over the the coffee machine and wouldn't you know that heiffa had on the same shirt as me?"

Man: "Really? Don't wear it anymore." (52)

The end.


*by the way, notice how I cited my source. Just so Steve can't come after my butt and sue me. Thank you.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

HAHAHA-- that is hilarious!!

Meg said...

That is really funny! I am definitely not a guy. :) I would have had the same reaction as the chicky in the book.