8.14.2009

I'm a Fighter & Survivor

Tonight's been a whirlwind for me. I skipped the gym because I was lazy, but now that they're closed, I need a really really really good workout. Here's why:

It's donned on me that a year ago I was a very happy go lucky girl who thought she was super blessed. Little did I know that God would take me on quite the adventure that has made me into the woman I am today. I can't believe that all started a year ago. It seems like a life time but also like yesterday at the same time.

Anyway. Tonight I was helping my sister with her homework and feeling frustrated because she wouldn't concentrate to save her life. She's been home sick for two days and has major catching up to do.

While she was writing away, I thought for giggles and grins I would check my Athens email. Well. I was not prepared.

I had 16 unread emails.

One of which was from my advisor.

Which said that I needed to apply for field experience and get fingerprinted. [insert four letter cussword here... anything that starts with a d, s, or if necessary, f, will do.]

um. what? That was my thought. After the cussword of course.

I went into major panic mode. MAJOR. But I felt this peace come over me. A little peace, at least.

So I registered for field experience, picked a county and two city schools as my preference, and ASU will go from there on my address, schools that have open postions, etc. I honestly thought, why is this so stressful?

Then it donned on me: I'm a junior. In an actual program. Not taking prerequisites (ok some, but still.) I'm not in community college full time anymore. I'm also in a teaching program which will shape my future.

Yikes.

A couple came in work last night and since it was dead, we actually got to talk. When i told them that I was an elementary education major they told me right away that Tennessee needed teachers. Wow. They were blessings in disguise.

To sum this up, I feel like I've survived a major battle in the last year. I'm still stressed. Will always be stressed. Do I like it? No. Is it worth it? Yes.

3 comments:

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much i relate to your stress right now.

i remember the stress you are experiencing now and i would like to say it gets better but really, it just becomes a new kind of stress.

hang in there!

Meg said...

That is exciting. You can calm down and begin to enjoy it, field work is the most fun out of any programs. You get to be hands on in what you do! Kudos to you. :)

It'll all work out, enjoy your school work, 2 years left--you're almost done. Think of how little 2 years is with the amount of years you're going to put into teaching.

Hannah said...

I remember that feeling this time last year!! It was really scary to realize I was putting my big girl pants on!!