10.08.2009

As if my life couldn't get any crazier...

You know what the downfall to taking fourteen hours of courses is? Less blog time.

Sure, I read blogs, surf Facebook, and read the news. But for some reason, I need to actually think for a flipping second to blog. Who knew, right?

The good news is that my school week is over. Finally. Alleluia. Now that I'm in week seven, I've finally adjusted my schedule, figured out when I absolutely need to wake up, and figured out the time that it takes to get from here to school in the fastest amount of time possible.

I'm finally done with my second speech (informative.) Now matter how many times I practiced, I got flustered. Not sure how I did, but we'll see.

I'm almost past the half-way point of school.

I have a lesson plan due on Tuesday. No, I do not have to present it, but I'm planning on teaching fractions.

I was very tempted this week to change my degree to secondary education (english.) After seeing that this load of 16 hours of science and 12 hours of math wouldn't count to anything, however,  and that I'd need at least 4 more English classes, I said "hell heck no" and moved on my merry way, continuing my way into elementary.

I love my education class. It might be one, but I love it.

Today I plopped myself in Books-A-Million and looked at their children's section. For the record, though, I want to put out my opinion that Barnes and Noble is a BAGILLION times better. Seriously.

I'm so glad that I've found a volunteer opportunity. An added bonus is that I'm with it for the next two years and don't have to keep changing around every semester. I love the kids that I am working with for now. In a couple weeks, I'll have an individual child who(m?) I will mentor for the next however many years. Love it.

I lived on the wild side last weekend and went out on a Friday night at 1130. This girl is breaking out, let's just say that. Tomorrow night is bowling w/ a bunch of people from work and I'm pretty excited.

What I'm not excited about is my test at 8frigging30 in the morning on Saturday. Ugh!

I think that's all for now, I'm not sure. I have a couple research papers that I need to start writing sooner or later and start field experience in a couple weeks, too. As if my life couldn't get any crazier...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you decide to switch to secondary English, let me know! Love that major!